Doherty Staffing Solutions Response | COVID-19
Doherty continues to rely on the CDC and WHO, government health authorities, for guidance and resources to drive our decisions around employment and business practices to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers. Doherty has a designated team that is communicating daily to address the rapid changes so that we can respond quickly, efficiently, and with care for people and our community. We recognize the important role our customers and our employees play in keeping the supply chain functional to support our economy. We are here for you!
While this communication attempts to address many of the issues we’re dealing with regarding the COVID-19 virus, this is a rapidly changing situation and we are working to stay on top of the developments. Our focus is to protect our employees, customers, and the community, while mitigating the risk of spreading this virus and doing so in a way that also maintains business operations. We understand concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19) are top of mind, and we want to share information about how we are responding.
We are empathetic to the disruptions that COVID-19 has caused daily lives and are providing as much flexibility as possible to balance the well-being of our internal employees with the business needs of our customers. It is our intention to continue to provide outstanding service by applying these steps for operating our business at this time.
Commitment to our Customers
Doherty will maintain open and free flowing communication with our customers regarding practices, confirmed cases of COVID-19 (maintaining the confidentiality of employee names), and other information that supports our combined efforts to slow the spread of the virus and keep our workforces safe. We sincerely hope you find these communications comforting and helpful as we pull together as a community to work through this situation. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to directly. We are here to support you!
Internal Doherty and Temporary Workforce Responses
Internal Doherty Employees:
- We have limited general public access to our individual offices and have moved to a virtual interview platform, allowing candidates entry by appointment only and after successfully completing a COVID-19 health questionnaire.
- Handwashing practices as defined by the CDC are being posted and practiced.
- Various internal policies (absence reporting, time off, general leave/FMLA, short-term disability, and employee assistance program) have been re-communicated and in some cases modified to accommodate this pandemic environment.
- Should an internal employee report a positive result for COVID-19, the location shall be closed, employees sent home and the building shall be disinfected prior to anyone returning. Quarantine will be applied based on the guidance provided by the CDC. HR will be the main point-of-contact providing high touch communication and support through the situation.
- Should an internal employee report they have been in close proximity of someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, we are asking them to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Virtual meetings have replaced in-person meetings whenever/wherever possible.
- Non-essential business travel has been restricted.
Instructions for Temporary Workers on Assignment at Customer Locations:
Limit contact with others and stay vigilant in practicing good hygiene to stop the spread of germs. These include:
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid touching others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Do not share food or drinks with others.
- Avoid touching common surfaces with your open bare hands.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Report to your Doherty Representative if you have had symptoms of the COVID-19 which include: Fever, Cough and Shortness of Breath OR if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
We recognize the important role our customers and our employees play in keeping the supply chain functional to support our economy. We are here for you!